A BIT OF HOMEBUSH
(These webpages have been converted from a self-contained CD produced originally by Douglas Wegener.)
Lower Homebush State School #2258 in 1998
built in 1887 closed in 1967
Reopened as the Lower Homebush Campus in 1996 for Mount Waverley Secondary College. The old school is all that remains of a once flourishing mining community in the heart of Victoria’s gold mining area known as the the Golden Triangle. Until recently it served as a school camp for Mount Waverley Secondary College but as at 2017 the school no longer uses the building.
� Douglas Wegener and the Avoca and District Historical Society Inc