Telephone: 03 5465 3118
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: PO Box 24, Avoca, Vic 3467
Access to records: The Court House is open each Wednesday from February to mid-December between 10.30am and 4.0pm., or by appointment. To arrange an appointment, please telephone 03 5465 3118 or email <email@example.com> giving as much notice as possible of your proposed visit. Access on Wednesdays is free to members, and there is a charge of $5 per person per hour. For a “Special Opening” by appointment there is a charge of $30 for up to two hours. In all cases there may be additional costs for any copying required. The scale of charges is displayed prominently in the archives.
The headquarters of the Society is in an historic building at 85 High Street, Avoca, which was the Avoca Court House from 1859 to 1979. It now contains a local history & family history resource centre containing thousands of documents, photographs, maps, microfilm of local newspapers & rate books, artifacts, etc., pertaining to the following localities: Amherst, Amphitheatre, Avoca, Avoca Lead, Barkly, Ben Nevis, Bung Bong, Burnbank, Caralulup, Crowlands, Donkey Hill, Donkey Womans Gully, Dunach, Elmhurst, Evansford, Eversley, Four Mile Flat, Frenchmans, Glenlogie, Glenmona, Glenpatrick, Greenhill Creek, Hinds, Homebush, Joel, Kimberley, Lamplough, Landsborough, Lexton, Lillicur, Moonambel, Mountain Creek, Mt. Lonarch, Mountain Hut, Moyreisk, Natte Yallock, Navarre, Nowhere Creek, Percydale, Rathscar, Redbank, Raggedy Gully, Stuart Mill, Talbot, Tanwood, Tulkara, Warrenmang. The Avoca Court House is an official “Place of Deposit” (POD) appointed by the Public Record Office for retention of documents of local significance.