[Taken from Avoca Lists of Unclaimed Letters from 1854 to 1864, compiled by Mrs E C Graham.]
© Copyright to Mrs E C Graham and the Avoca and District Historical Society.
THE AVOCA DEEP LEAD GOLD MINING COMPANY.
I, The undersigned, Henry Alderson Thompson, hereby make application to register the Avoca Deep Lead Gold Mining Company (registered), under the provisions of the Mining Companies Limited Liability Act, 1864, and I do solemnly and sincerely declare that the following statement is, to the best of my belief and knowledge, true in every particular, namely
1. The name and the style of the company is “The Avoca Deep Lead Gold Mining Company (registered).”
2. The place of intended operations is at Avoca.
3. The nominal capital of the company is Six thousand Thousand pounds in six hundred shares of ten pounds each.
4. The amount already paid is Three thousand seven hundred and eighty pounds.
5. The name of the manager is Henry Alderson Thompson.
6. The office of the company is at Avoca.
7. The names and several residences of the shareholders and the number of shares held by each at this date, are as follows.
Name and Residence No. of Shares.
BATH. Thomas Learmouth 40.
BARCLAY. Hugh Ross, Portland 20.
BLAND. Rivett Henry, Clunes 40.
HOLLAND. Timothy, Avoca 20.
LAMBERT. Albert John, Avoca 20.
LATTA. George Joseph, Clunes 15.
MUNDAY. John, Clunes 20.
MURRAY. George, Clunes 40.
NEILSON. Thomas Inglis, Ballarat 10.
RIGBY. Roger, Clunes 15.
ROBINSON. John Trimble, Clunes 20.
ROSALES. Henry, Clunes 10.
THOMPSON. Henry Alderson, Avoca 130.
VICTORIA LONDON MINING COMPANY (limited), PORT
PHILLIP Company’s Office, Clunes. 120.
Not issued 80.
(Source 1864 Victorian Government gazette, page 2213)