The Perricoota Woolshed we see today is much smaller than it once had been.
Originally the woolshed stood about 10km to the north east, just off Caloola Road. Two large gate posts and the remains of a well, mark the site. In 1909 it was reported that the shed had 42 electric shearing machines and electric lights, so that the full eight hour day could be worked in all weather.
Following the land subdivision in 1909, when many new settlers came to the area. Following the subdivision the woolshed no longer stood on what remained of Perricoota. Soon after the shed was dismantled and re-erected on the present site on a slightly smaller scale. For a number of years many of the settlers had their sheep shorn at the Perricoota Woolshed.
- Shirley Durrant
The original gates and well (the concrete mound). So the story goes the manager was tired of replacing the original gate posts, as they kept being knocked over, and replaced them with the ones you see below.