Stawell is located on the Western Highway approximately 240 km north-west of Melbourne (the Capital of Victoria, Australia).
It is the western-most part of the Victorian Goldfields, alluvial gold having been discovered there by William McLachlan at
'Pleasant Creek in 1853, and quartz gold, at 'The Reefs', in about 1856.
THE STAWELL HISTORICAL SOCIETY inc. IS LOCATED IN THE PLEASANT CREEK HISTORICAL PRECINCT, 46 LONGFIELD ST ,(WESTERN HWY), STAWELL.
Historical Society Inc
P. O. Box 133
Phone: (03) 5358 3789
OUR FACEBOOK PAGE