Historical Society is run and staffed by a dedicated group of
volunteers who over the years have amassed a large knowledge of Stawell
and surrounding districts.
We are more than happy to help you in your enquiries.
Stawell Historical Society moved into the new research centre early 2016, named after Mr Stewart Bradley who is a benefactor of our society.
The old Pleasant Creek Court House, which was built in 1860, is now a Museum where we show the history of Stawell and District.
STAWELL HISTORICAL SOCIETY INC.
The Stawell Historical Society aspires to preserve the history of Stawell and Disrict
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
• The primary purpose of the Stawell Historical Society is to care for and protect the archival materials entrusted to it and to seek to ensure that these materials
are preserved and saved for use and appreciation of present and future generations.
• To display to the general public, by way of excellence, exhibitions and programs depicting the quality of Society's collection.
• That all volunteers are treated in a professional manner, and are trained to bring out the best in their field of expertise.
• Volunteers are valued for their input and are given the opportunity to effect change within the organisation.
• To provide a research centre for members of the public seeking information about former residents or historical material, since
Stawell's settlement from the 1840's until the current time.
The Stawell Historical Society values-
* The well trained volunteers
* The trust that has been vested in it by the Community
* The inherent worth of each individual's contribution