When the Town of Malvern became a City in 1911 it was decided to keep the Crest the same in design as the earlier one. The wording of the municipal seal was first altered in 1901. On the outer rim of the seal the words 'Town of Malvern' appeared in the place of 'Shire of Gardiner'. On the inside of the rim was a representation of the Royal Coat of Arms. Two shields were beneath the arms at angles, with a plough on one side and a sheath of wheat on the other, and between these, underneath, the hanging figure of a sheep.