A history of Tarnagulla and Districts.
Centre of the Victorian Goldfields, Australia.
Take a virtual walking tour of the town. This page is produced from a booklet originally photographed and prepared by Revd. T. H. Banfield from notes prepared by Mr. D. W. Clark. April 1981.
Early History of Tarnagulla from a 1931 Booklet titled "Back to Tarnagulla". Compiled and researched by B.P. Patman. Later reprinted in "Tarnagulla - A History" published in 1985.
A history of the Cannon that is now situated in the Main Street near the War Memorial.
An article written by David Gordon in 1996 on the history of the Cannon. This contains further information, history and technical details.
The history of the Tarnagulla Flour Mill. 1873 - 1917.
Extract from the Tarnagulla and Llanelly Courier of 29 April 1882.
Transcribed by George Swinburne great grandson of Thomas Comrie. Also includes the subsequent Inquest.
Short history of the Union, Colonial and National Banks.
A history of the Tarnagulla Borough Council from 1864 - 1915.
A history of the Tarnagulla Hotels from 1858 onwards.
How street lighting came to be in Tarnagulla.
A history of the Tarnagulla Post Office 1856 - 1987. For a complete list of the Postmasters / Postmistresses see the 'Records' section.
St. Saviour's Church of England, Tarnagulla.
Uniting Church. Formerly the Presbyterian Church, Tarnagulla.
Wesleyan Methodist Church, Tarnagulla.
St. Francis Roman Catholic Church, Tarnagulla
Ebenezer Chapel, Baptist Church, Tarnagulla
The Welsh Church, Tarnagulla.
The Primative Methodist Chapel, Tarnagulla
A review of the new multimedia CD containing all the records and photos from the Tarnagulla and Waanyarra cemetries. Well worth a look!
This association is a ‘not for profit’ organisation, who’s aim is ‘to manage the protection and restoration of the property at Ironbark Gully, Tarnagulla, built by William and Celia Grey in the early 1860s’
Extract from Part 2 of the Journal kept on board Voyage from Dunedin to Melbourne (Tarnagulla.)
By Mrs A. F. PORTER 1869
(Wife of Albert Freeman (Frederick) Porter)
As reported in the Tarnagulla Courier, 11/2/1865. Article supplied by Yvonne Rice.
A poem and photos of Horace Leslie Grey & Devonshire Dickson Grey submitted by Ken Webb.
A small explanation of why I initially put this site together.