PLEASE PRINT AND MAIL THE ENTRY FORM BELOW.
SOCIETY OF WOMEN WRITERS VICTORIA INC
Reg. No. A0039632B
73 Church Road, Carrum VIC 3196
MARGARET HAZZARD AWARD
Short Story Competition closing date : Monday 31st December 2012
Prizes: 1st: Perpetual trophy and $250
2nd: $150 3rd $100
All entrants must be financial members of the Society of Women Writers in all States at the time of submission.
Conditions of Entry:
1. All work must be unpublished and have not won a prize in any competition nor be concurrently entered in any other competition.
2. Two entries per person.
3. All manuscripts to be no more than 2000 words, double spaced, on one side of the paper only, with title of entry and page number appearing on each page of the manuscript.
4. Entrants name must not appear anywhere on the manuscript.
5. Each entry is to have a cover sheet attached showing only the title of entry and total word count.
6. Each entry must be accompanied by an official entry form (or photocopy) and an entry fee of $5.00.
7. Send copies only. Entries will not be returned. If you want a comment on your entry then please send a SSAE.
8. The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. Judge is Hazel Edwards, famous writer of Childrens Stories.
Winners will be announced at the Societys Meeting on
Friday, 24th February 2013.
Send to: Receiving Officer, Margaret Hazzard Award,
78 Abbott Street
Sandringham Vic 3191
Margaret Hazzard Award Official Entry Form(can be photocopied)
Title: .. Name: ..
Address: .. Phone:
Entry Fee enclosed: $..........................
Cheque/Money Order payable to: Society of Women Writers Victoria Inc.