logobanner

Romsey Mechanics’ Institute

A Romsey Mechanics’ Institute was first proposed in 1868 and was up and running by 1875. It has ‘growed like topsy’ from its Main Street frontage to go back into hall, kitchen and meeting rooms.
These meeting rooms were used once used by visiting health and legal professionals for consulting as well as the occasional commercial traveller.
It was also the recent home of the fledgling ‘Community Bank’.

<<< back