was the residence of William Taylor (1818-1903).
William Taylor is often referred to as the 'Father of Keilor'
because of his 40 year association with municipal government
in Keilor. He was Mayor on 23 occasions. He had come to
Australia from Scotland in 1840 and took up a selection
in the Wimmera.
His first purchase of land in Keilor was in 1849 and the
property originally covered 13,000 acres of land. The homestead
was first built as a single storeyed section as a six-roomed
colonial cottage. The second storey was built in 1859. The
homestead remained in the hands of the Taylor family until