Thank you for accessing this site and we hope it may be of some assistance to you.
Inverloch is a seaside village based in South Gippsland, in the Australian state of
Victoria. The village is situated on Andersons Inlet, where the lush green hills
meet the wild and turbulent sea. The area is steeped in natural and man-made history
from ancient shipwrecks to living legends like Nancye Durham.
Profile of Inverloch Historical Society
The Inverloch Historical Society was founded in 1996 and now has 95 members, most of
whom reside in Inverloch and its environs but there are members who reside outside our
area and there are a few interstate members.
Our Patron is Mrs. Eulalie Brewster who has been recording the history of Inverloch for
Membership consists of two groups -
- those who lived in Inverloch as children and enjoy recalling their childhood, and
- those who have retired here and are keen to learn what Inverloch was like in earlier
It is our mission to engender a sense of history in the community of Inverloch.
We have an active program of collection of photographic and documentary memorabilia
and of the dissemination of this information to our members and to the wider community.
We encourage and support residents in researching their family history and we are
preparing genealogical charts of our early settlers.
- Meeting Location
- RSL Hall, Bolding Place
- Inverloch, Victoria, Australia 3996
- Meeting Times
- 4th Wednesday of the Month
- 2.00 pm to 4.00 pm
- Company Name
- Inverloch Historical Society Inc ARBN A33738Z ABN 79 652 460 440
- Registered Address: P.O Box 46, Inverloch, Victoria, Australia 3996
- AUS $32 couple, $20 single per annum, payable in July
- A monthly newsletter is distributed to members in the week preceding each monthly
meeting. Application for a copy of the newsletter should be made to the Librarian.
- +61 3 5674 2796
- Mail address
- P.O Box 46, Inverloch, Victoria, Australia 3996
- Web site
||(03) 5674 1224
||(03) 5674 1387
||(03) 5674 3779
||(03) 5674 1387
||(03) 5674 1354