What's Going On ?
What's New ?
The Institution of Engineers Australia is proud to celebrate Victoria's Engineering Heritage.
It recognises the importance of recording and protecting significant engineering works in Australia,
and in recording and recognising the Engineers, Contractors and Technicians who created these works.
The Institution also aims to promote a greater understanding of the role and importance of engineers and
engineering to our society and promote the importance of good heritage practices both within the
profession and within the wider community.
It does this through:
- a National Committee on Engineering Heritage;
- state Engineering Heritage branch committees;
- Engineering Heritage Practice guidelines;
- Engineering Heritage publications;
- biennial Engineering Heritage Conferences;
- Engineering Heritage plaques;
- Engineering Heritage talks; See program
- Engineering Heritage tours; and
- through the work of professional engineers, engineering historians and others working in the field.
The purpose of this website is to celebrate Engineering Heritage in Victoria, and
- provide a focus for people interested in the Engineeering Heritage of Victoria
- provide a mechanism for people to become more involved in researching engineering works and their role in our history, and
- provide a means for helping people researching the engineers,
technicians and contractors who created these works.
Please email or write to
Chairman, Engineeering Heritage Branch
Institution of Engineers, Australia
31 Bedford Street
North Melbourne VIC AUS 3051