The East Gippsland Family History Group undertakes research requests for a standard fee. We specialise in
research in our local area, however we are able to carry out research in most states using our extensive holdings of Indexes and other source material.
You may request us to carry out a research inquiry by filling in the Research Request Form.
POLICY AND CHARGES FOR RESEARCH ENQUIRIES
E G F H G undertakes limited research in response to written enquiries.
Enquiries are normally held for a minimum one month to allow them to be considered at two meetings of the Research Committee.
Enquiries will only be undertaken on receipt of a research fee of $20.00
For that fee the following can be undertaken:
1. A check of any headstones/records (whichever are available) held for any nominated cemeteries from Rosedale to NSW border.
2. A check of the index to nominated local histories, or scans of small unindexed Published local histories.
3. A check of the index to local families known to be under research and inclusion in the index, for advice to future researchers
inquiring regarding that name.
4. Advice as to other avenues of assistance or people specialising in the history of given areas.
5. Advice as to published histories relating to particular areas and their availability.
6. A check is made of other relevant material in the Group's Library.
Research Request Form
PLEASE NOTE: We are a non-profit volunteer organisation open only a few days a week.
Therefore we are unable to respond to all phone calls or visits outside our regular opening
hours unless previously arranged with a volunteer.