|By: Jane Simone||By Kerry Bone|
Ten Ways To Know You Are A Preemie Parent
10. Going to a hospital makes you homesick.
9. You have to fight the steering wheel to keep the vehicle from driving itself to the hospital.
8. Every time you run the blender on 'pulse' your milk lets down.
7. You don't know how to care for an umbilical cord.
6. You hold a yorkie puppy and it reminds you of kangarooing your child (except the puppy is bigger!)
5. None of the "What to Expect..." books REALLY tell you what to expect.
4. Your friends think you have obsessive compulsive disorder because you're constantly washing your hands.
3. You become excited when you can carry your baby from room to room (with no attachments).
2. You have the nicu's phone number in memory speed dial or 3 months after you child comes home you go to call a friend and call the nicu by accident
and the #1 way to know you're a preemie parent is....
1. They have to call in heavy equipment to transport your child's medical chart. >> >> >>
Blessings in Disguise
Blessings in Disguise are
|Page 21 back to index go to next page|