Arthurs Seat Tower
The first light established at McCrae was a timber framed structure. When in 1883 it was replaced by a steel framed structure, the original timber structure was removed in sections to the top of Arthurs Seat for use as a lookout. It remained until the present concrete tower was built in 1934-5. The following plaque is located on the North wall of the tower:
SHIRE OF FLINDERS
THIS TOWER WAS DESIGNED BY
G. W. BROWN C.E.
SHIRE ENGINEER & ERECTED
UNDER HIS SUPERVISION -
1934-5