Guest Houses
Plaques commemorating the guest houses Belmont and Milparinka are located on the entrance portico of the Dromana shopping centre.
Milparinka Guesthouse

This wooden building was converted from a house by the STENNIKEN family to accommodate ten guests.
After World War II it was the home of the ROSS family.
The site is now part of the supermarket area.

Dromana & District Historical Society 2003.

The plaques are located on opposite sides of the entrance on Point Nepean Road.
Belmont Guesthouse

Built by JAMES CHAPMAN in the 1890's, Belmont guesthouse was run as a family business until the 1950's.
Originally a single storey building, a second storey was added by the Howard family.
The guesthouse accommodated 50 guests and the site is now part of the supermarket area.

Dromana & District Historical Society 2003.