Dromana Foreshore
Recreation Area by the Pier

The following plaques can be found:

DROMANA
LIONS PROJECT

THIS AREA HAS BEEN DEVELOPED AS
A JOINT PROJECT BY THE SHIRE OF
FLINDERS AND THE LIONS CLUB
OF DROMANA AND WAS OFFICIALLY OPENED
ON SUNDAY 26TH NOVEMBER, 1967 BY
CR. P. W. STYNES, J.P. SHIRE PRESIDENT

Drinking Fountain
Presented by
The Rotary Club
of Dromana
February, 1973
"Service above self"

SHIRE OF FLINDERS
THIS RESERVE WAS NAMED
THE
GEORGE A. BISHOP RESERVE
ON NOVEMBER 15TH 1972
BY THE SHIRE PRESIDENT
CR. K. J. SPUNNER
IN RECOGNITION OF
SERVICE TO THE COMMUNITY BY
GEORGE ARTHUR BISHOP
AS A COUNCILLOR OF THE SHIRE OF FLINDERS
FROM 1958 TO 1969
AND AS A CITIZEN OF DROMANA SINCE 1939

In the Year of the Volunteer 2001

This memorial is to commemorate
The contribution of
Mr. James (Jim) Frederick Smith
20.8.1921 to 15.12.2000
for 18 years unstinting service
as Father Christmas to the children of
the Mornington Peninsula.
A man loved and respected by both
family and community.

The Children in Heaven need a Father Christmas too