ACTION FOR ABORIGINAL RIGHTS
(previously "Aboriginal Action")
A MOVEMENT OF PEOPLE
- of varied racial, cultural,
- who support Aboriginal rights and initiatives
- who want the recognition of Aboriginal culture and heritage in modern society
- who do not speak for Aborigines, but work with them in the pursuit of justice.
WHAT HAS ACTION FOR ABORIGINAL RIGHTS DONE ?
- given financial and moral support to many Aboriginal groups throughout Australia.
- helped Political campaigns of Aboriginal candidates.
- supported Aboriginal Rights (especially Land Rights) with submissions to governments, commissions and inquiries
- supported Aboriginal protests
- encouraged Aboriginal Studies courses in universities, colleges and schools
- sought to make information on Aboriginal affairs more widely available by publishing newsletters, leaflets, etc.
- kept in touch with organizations with similar aims.
more effective action requires a wider based movement to:
- educate the white community
- inform public opinion
- influence government decisions
- support Aboriginal projects
For any further information, just e-mail us:
Action For Aboriginal Rights
If you want to join, click
join AAR Info
especially if you just want to know more, or do more.
Back to Stan's Reading List.
Back to AAR Homepage
text marked up by Sarah Peckham, 21/5/96.